إِنَّمَا يَعْمُرُ مَسَاجِدَ اللّهِ مَنْ آمَنَ بِاللّهِ وَالْيَوْمِ الآخِرِ وَأَقَامَ الصَّلاَةَ وَآتَى الزَّكَاةَ وَلَمْ يَخْشَ إِلاَّ اللّهَ
The mosques of Allah shall be visited and maintained by such as believe in Allah and the Last Day, establish regular prayers, and practise regular charity, and fear none (at all) except Allah. Yusuf Ali At-Tauba (The Repentance) 9:18
It is with great pleasure that we share with you that your Masjid is reopening for prayers this Friday June 12, 2020 per the decision made by the Ontario Government to allow places of worship to reopen. We would like to welcome our community back by holding Friday Prayer this week Inshallah.
This comes with stringent conditions. The Government announced the reopening of all mosques with physical distancing in place and attendance limited to no more than 30% of the building capacity to ensure the safety of worshipers.
We established the following guidelines to ensure two key outcomes:
- Your safety and the the safety of fellow community members and our staff and volunteers.
- Ensure a reliable tracing mechanism for Public Health Ontario in case any positive infection cases were registered among any person who entered the masjid.
In order to reduce the chances of infection – we are:
- Opening our congregation to healthy adults, between the ages of 14 and 70, in line with recommendations by Public Health Ontario in order to keep the vulnerable populations in our community safe.
- Beginning with a capacity of 100 in order to comply with the provincial directive and ensure everyone has equal opportunity to attend the mosque. Both women and men are welcome.
- Ensuring the appropriate physical distancing measures of 2 meters (6ft.) are in place in entry and exit queues, within the mosque and during congregational prayer.
- Designating separate entrances and exits (when possible) and staggering entrance, exit and salah to reduce bottlenecks in communal spaces and hall ways.
- Increasing the frequency of our cleaning and disinfection procedures in general and paying special attention to high touch areas between congregational prayers.
- Having sanitizing stations available to our congregants.
- Limiting access to high contact areas such as water fountains, playgrounds, shoe area and bathrooms.
- Prayers will be shortened and attendees are expected to exit right after prayer so as to avoid gatherings and maintain safety
We need your help to ensure everyone’s safety. Please be mindful of the following:
- All congregants must pre-register, which includes a health prescreening, to attend.
- Please arrive 10 minutes in advance of the time slot for which you were confirmed. We will be checking in those registered at the door.
- Kindly bring your own prayer mat.
- Please wear a mask and practice physical distancing while at the masjid and during prayer (2 meters, 6 ft apart)
- Make your wudu at home. The washrooms will not be available
- You may be asked to keep shoes with you to prevent overcrowding
- Avoid handshakes, embracing, close talking etc.
- Please use hand sanitizer upon entering/exiting the mosque.
YOU MUST REGISTER – NO ONE WILL BE ADMITTED WITHOUT REGISTRATION. In order to safely accommodate the greatest number of congregants – we are reducing Jumma time and holding multiple Jumma prayers. We are providing equal opportunity for access based on first registered.
You can register for the Friday prayers here
For more information, you can read the MAC “Mosque Reopening Best Practices Guideline and FAQ” https://www.macnet.ca/2020/06/09/reopen-bestpractice/
We are excited to welcome our community back to our centers and bring the blessings of praying and remembering Allah together. You are the spirit that brings life and vibrancy to the houses of Allah. While we are happy with your presence, we want to ensure your safety and the safety of your loved ones. Please adhere to these rules as they are designed to reduce risks.
MAC is one of the largest Muslim organizations in Canada. MAC believes that the personal development of every individual is the key to real and fruitful involvement in the community. It brings a balanced, constructive and engaged understanding of Islam that aims to inspire Muslims in Canada.
We are pleased to announce that MAC’s 11 Masajid / Mosques in Ontario will REOPEN on Friday, June 12 in accordance with the provincial guidelines and directives included in Premier Ford’s announcement on June 08, 2020.
Become a Monthly Donor
Help a House of Allah Survive COVID-19
As a Monthly donor you'll be doing more than helping support us meeting our obligations. You are helping us keep the Masjid up so when this pandemic is over, we can resume our programs fully.
فِي بُيُوتٍ أَذِنَ اللَّهُ أَن تُرْفَعَ وَيُذْكَرَ فِيهَا اسْمُهُ يُسَبِّحُ لَهُ فِيهَا بِالْغُدُوِّ وَالْآصَالِ
(Lit is such a Light) in houses, which Allah hath permitted to be raised to honour; for the celebration, in them, of His name: In them is He glorified in the mornings and in the evenings, (again and again)- Yusuf Ali
Surat Al-Nur – verse 36
That’s why we need you now.
| Wednesday, July 8, 2020
17 Dhū al-Qa'da 1441
5:49 am1:00 Minutes
|Fajr||4:04 am||5:00 am|
|Dhuhr||1:28 pm||1:45 pm|
|Asr||5:32 pm||7:00 pm|
|Maghrib||9:05 pm||9:10 pm|
|Isha||10:51 pm||10:52 pm|
|Jumuah||Two Prayers 12:15 | 13:30|
**All Year** First Friday Prayer: 12:15 pm. Second: 1:30pm
Latest Past Events
Registration will start Friday at 8:00 am
Registration will start Friday at 8:00 am